Pupil Premium / Sports Premium
Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. This include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the Local Authority and the children of the armed service personnel.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received and how this is being used. This is reviewed termly.
We use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and Sport at Woodston Primary.
We aim to use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- we have hired qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provided existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupil to take up sport
- run sport competitions
- run sport acivities with other schools